- White shirt or blouse of a traditional design which can accommodate the wearing of a tie. The top button must be done up. Long or short sleeved – but not mid length sleeved.
- School clip on tie. Should students be awarded school colours these ties will be clip on for those students in Year 11 or below.
- Penglais School jumper with logo (grey for Years 7 – 11). This is a Rowlinson “Performa 50” jumper in grey with a two-tone blue band around the neckline. No other jumper should be worn in school.
- Black school trousers of a traditional, tailored, full length design. (No jeggings, leggings, chinos or jean-type trouser). Tailored black knee length shorts may be worn all year. Neither the shorts nor the trousers should have combat-style pockets on the leg.
- Formal, knee length school skirt with school logo – available from our school uniform suppliers.
- Footwear must be suitable for school – flat and plain black with no other colour. For safety reasons these should be flat or low heeled. Trainers, canvas shoes, heeled shoes and boots are not allowed.
- Coats and jackets are not allowed to be worn in the canteen or in classrooms. Coats should be traditional – not denim, leather or jersey jackets.
- Religious headwear should be navy, black or grey.
- Tights should be black opaque. Socks should be in a dark colour.
- With regard to hairstyles, they must not be offensive (e.g. offensive words/ images
shaved into the hair) or pose a health and safety issue. Coloured hair is allowed.
- Jewellery – One stud earring per ear is allowed. No other jewellery should be worn in school.
- Facial and tongue piercings are not allowed on school site.
- Blue Max Banner Orion Games Top in Navy/Sky blue with logo, and/or
- Blue Max Banner Orion t shirt in Navy/Sky blue with logo
- Navy base layer (without logo)
- White cotton t-shirt with Penglais logo
- Black shorts or leggings or tracksuit bottoms
- Navy and sky blue socks
The items listed in bold are available from our school uniform supplier. These are designed to be long lasting and help keep the uniform looking good for longer – reducing the need to replace regularly. Items not listed in bold can be purchased from any high street retailer.
There is a school uniform grant available for students joining us in Year 7. Please see www.ceredigion.gov.uk for details. Should any family need assistance with purchasing uniform for financial reasons then they should contact the school.